Executive SummaryQatar won the honors for hosting one of the biggest sporting events in the world on Dec 2nd, 2010, when the country secured the bid to host the 2022 edition of the FIFA World Cup. Qatar will bask in the limelight during the event and is eager to represent an Arab nation that is able, modern and well-developed. The event will draw over half a million visitors to the country, which accounts for almost a third of its current population, and this huge influx is expected to impact the hospitality and infrastructure sectors directly, and the financial, communication and power sectors, indirectly. In this report, we have tried to determine and quantify the effect of hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup on Qatar and other regional economies – vis-à-vis impact on Vision 2030, GDP growth, infrastructure investments, FDI flow, investment in hospitality & tourism, opportunities for banking & investment sector. Additionally we enumerated the FIFA-specific investments and projects undertaken by the country. We also highlighted key risks and challenges for Qatar and what would be the Legacy Cost for hosting such an event.
Table of Content
Key Questions Addressed in this report
This report can add value to
Customize this report
Why Custom Research?
- Research and intelligence to suit your business requirements
- Informed decision making
What are Benefits of Customization?
- To-the-point, long or short research reports could be requested
- Reports are exclusively prepared for you
You Ask We Deliver
- Over a decade Marmore has successfully navigated this space of customized research to serve its clients and cater to their unique requirements.
- Our customized research support spans sector research, equity and credit investment notes, modelling, valuation, investment screening, periodical etc.
- We offer clients with intelligence and insights on unexplored and under-researched areas that help stakeholders take well-informed business and investment decisions.
- Our offerings marries the challenges of cost, time, scope & data availability to generate actionable outcomes that are specific to our clients’ needs.