Executive SummaryWhat is this report about? Compared to developed and emerging markets, online retail in the GCC is still at a very nascent stage. The size of the e-commerce business in the GCC is less than USD 7bn, while countries in Asia-Pacific, North America and Western Europe presently account for 90 per cent of the global e-commerce sales. Currently, e-commerce is being developed as an extension of physical retail stores in the GCC, with few alternatives for pure retail channel websites. But with rapidly improving ICT infrastructure, increasing number of internet users, and high penetration of smartphones and tablets, the popularity of e-commerce is increasing among consumers and retailers. The report provides a detailed analysis of the GCC Online Retail industry Who will benefit and why? The report will benefit anyone tracking the GCC Online Retail industry, and its many players; especially domestic and international retailers, mall-operators, convenience store owners, family offices, trading bodies, regulatory authorities, investors and economists. This report would help these entities to gain in-depth understanding about the industry functions at present, and what the future holds. How exhaustive is this report? We have examined the history of the Online Retail sector, and its current status; both globally and in the GCC. The report lists the various forms of online retail, and the modes through which it operates, and discusses the trends in online retail sector in the GCC region, including country-wise analysis of the industry, and the major players. Finally, we enumerate the growth drivers, key challenges and how changing payment systems landscape in enabling the growth of online retail sector in the region.
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Online Retail Sector
- Types of Online Retail
- Modes of retail e-commerce
- Trends in GCC Online Retail
- Major players in GCC Online Retail
- Payment systems and Growth of Online Banking in the GCC
- Developments and Future of Online Retail in the GCC
Key Questions Addressed in this report
- What is the status of the Online Retail in the GCC?
- What are the various country-wise trends of Online Retail in the GCC?
- Who are the major online retail players in the GCC?
- Why do customers in the GCC still prefer Cash on Delivery over other payment systems?
- What are the challenges to the growth of the Online Retail in the region?
- What are the advantages of Online retail over traditional Brick-and-Mortar retail that is more prevalent in the GCC?
This report can add value to
- Trade bodies
- Industry associations
- Regulatory Authorities
- Family Offices