Executive SummaryWhat is this report about? The KSA banking sector report sheds light on the major developments that are taking place in the banking industry and how they will shape the outlook in 2018 and beyond. Some of the key topics that we have covered in detail include sources for credit growth, liquidity situation, non-performing loans, impact of U.S fed rate hikes, implementation of IFRS 9, impact of Fintech and M&A trends in KSA banking industry. Who will benefit and why? The report will benefit anyone tracking the banking sector, and many players involved in the sector; especially banks, regulators, FII and domestic investors. This report would help to gain an in-depth understanding about the profitability of KSA banks and the impact of external factors on the KSA banking sector in 2018. How exhaustive is this report? The report delves deep into key areas of interest including factors that would contribute to credit growth, quality of loans, liquidity metrics, profitability metrics such as cost to income, return on equity, return on assets etc. It also covers the impact of IFRS 9 implementation, cost of borrowing, impact of change in Fed rates and M&A activities.
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Where will be the source of credit growth for Saudi banks?
- Liquidity in Saudi Banks- Abundant as of now
- NPL’s for Saudi Banks- Mostly in control
- Fed rate hike- Largely Positive on Saudi Banks
- Impact of IFRS 9-Mostly Neutral
- Fintech disruption of Saudi Banks- Minimal as of now
- M&A outlook in banking industry-Still Muted
Key Questions Addressed in this report
- Where will be the source of credit growth for KSA banks?
- How liquid is the banking industry?
- What will be the outlook for NPLs?
- What will be the impact of IFRS 9 implementation?
- How will U.S fed rate hike impact banks profitability?
- Could Fintech disrupt KSA banking industry?
- M&A outlook in KSA banking industry
This report can add value to
- Private Equity
- Mutual Funds
- Industry Consultants
- Equity Investors
- Institutional Investors