Kuwait stock exchange (also called as Boursa Kuwait) is the oldest in the region that is currently going through several modernization efforts. Kuwait’s strong economy backed by sizeable reserves provides the context for a capital market that is now eager to globalize. The fall in oil prices has highlighted the need for developing the non-oil sector and having a robust capital market. This triggered a series of reforms from the Capital Markets Authority in the form of a Market Development Project, aimed to remove the existing impediments in the equity market. Recently the Kuwait stock exchange has been included in several emerging market indices paving way for active foreign investment.
The key positive trigger for the markets in the past few years has been the inclusion of Kuwait into emerging market indices, which bring passive and active inflows while also improving the market visibility among investors. However, Kuwait market were not able to benefit completely from the positivity surrounding the emerging market upgrade due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A sharp decline in oil prices and lockdown restrictions due to the pandemic were a major negative for the corporate earnings of domestic companies.
The listed company space in Kuwait is primarily dominated by banks proving the need for a more diversified market base. The privatization and listing of Boursa Kuwait is also seen as a positive step in the region where most of the stock exchanges continue to be fully owned and controlled by government. Also, the capital market requires introduction of several new products including derivatives for a more vibrant role of capital market in the capital channelling process. Broad basing the market through more listings and products could also enable attracting the much-needed institutional investment (both domestic and foreign). This will move away the domination of retail investors that currently feeds into speculation.
Table of Content
Key Questions Addressed in this report
This report can add value to
Customize this report
Why Custom Research?
- Research and intelligence to suit your business requirements
- Informed decision making
What are Benefits of Customization?
- To-the-point, long or short research reports could be requested
- Reports are exclusively prepared for you
You Ask We Deliver
- Over a decade Marmore has successfully navigated this space of customized research to serve its clients and cater to their unique requirements.
- Our customized research support spans sector research, equity and credit investment notes, modelling, valuation, investment screening, periodical etc.
- We offer clients with intelligence and insights on unexplored and under-researched areas that help stakeholders take well-informed business and investment decisions.
- Our offerings marries the challenges of cost, time, scope & data availability to generate actionable outcomes that are specific to our clients’ needs.
FAQWho prepared this report?
Experienced and qualified team of Marmore MENA Intelligence has prepared this report. Since its inception, Marmore has published over 1000 research reports and covered more than 25 varied industries and policy segments; all focused primarily on the GCC economies.
How exhaustive is this report?
The report spans 49 pages
Do you have updates?
No. This is a one off report.
Can I only download certain sections of the report?
No. The report can be downloaded in full length only
Can we ask questions?
Yes, by all means. You can write your queries to us at firstname.lastname@example.org