Executive SummaryWhat is this report about?
State owned enterprises (SOEs) form an integral part of the GCC economies. However, unlike the family and private businesses that are more prominent in the region, these entities have managed to stay out of the limelight. There is very little research, which has focused on this key institutional investor. SOE’s play an important role in the process of state formation in the Middle East, having been charged with supporting industrial and social development. In this report, we have discussed wide array of State owned entities and analyzed in detail their holdings in the stock markets in GCC.
Who will benefit and why?
The report will benefit anyone tracking the SOEs and their investments; especially corporates, family businesses, government agencies, investment bankers and economists. This report would help these entities to gain in-depth understanding about the industry.
How exhaustive is this report?
We have analyzed the architecture of SOEs and their respective exposure in the GCC stocks. We have also discussed country-wise major SOEs and analyzed their portfolio in terms of market cap and sectoral exposure. We have also enumerated the governance structure, growth drivers and challenges faced by the SOEs
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Broad Types of SOEs
- Architecture of SOEs
- Should investment funds invest domestically?
- SOEs-How deep they run into local stock markets?
- Growth Drivers
- Issues & Challenges
- Policy Recommendation to tap Institutional Investors
Key Questions Addressed in this report
- What are the broad type of the SOEs and their governance structure in the GCC?
- What is the value-wise holding of SOEs by country?
- Which are the leading SOEs in different GCC countries and their respective value of holdings?
- What are the preferred sectors and market caps segment for investment by the SOEs?
- What are the growth drivers and challenges?
This report can add value to
Customize this report
Why Custom Research?
- Research and intelligence to suit your business requirements
- Informed decision making
What are Benefits of Customization?
- To-the-point, long or short research reports could be requested
- Reports are exclusively prepared for you
You Ask We Deliver
- Over a decade Marmore has successfully navigated this space of customized research to serve its clients and cater to their unique requirements.
- Our customized research support spans sector research, equity and credit investment notes, modelling, valuation, investment screening, periodical etc.
- We offer clients with intelligence and insights on unexplored and under-researched areas that help stakeholders take well-informed business and investment decisions.
- Our offerings marries the challenges of cost, time, scope & data availability to generate actionable outcomes that are specific to our clients’ needs.
FAQIs regular update for this available?
The report will be updated yearly. However, if required, upon specific request we could provide you with an update.
Can I only download certain sections of the report?
Yes. The user can access certain sections of the report upon request, and this will be available at a nominal price.