Kuwait healthcare sector has been nurtured for many decades by the government through the Ministry of Health (MOH) and Ministry of Défense and Petroleum Company hospitals. Though not at the top in global rankings, the country’s healthcare sector has reached a fair degree of maturity whether it is the number of beds installed, the number of physicians, dentists or nurses available. The country compares favourably with its GCC peers on many counts. No doubt, scope for further enhancement exists. This comprehensive report explores multiple dimensions of Kuwait Healthcare – current healthcare infrastructure, key causes of death, market size, and opportunities in associated segments such as pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and health insurance, growth drivers including measures in response to COVID-19, technology adoption in the sector, regulatory aspects and challenges.
Key Discussion Points
- Top twenty (20) causes of death in Kuwait in 2017
- Trend of per capita healthcare expenditure versus income
- Healthcare needs in Kuwait that are growing at faster pace
- Encouragement of private sector in healthcare to drive growth
- Technology adoption in healthcare
- Ongoing investments in Kuwaiti healthcare sector
- Kuwaiti government’s healthcare policy and goals
Did you know?
- 80% of the health expenditure in Kuwait continues to be met by the government and Ministry of Health (MOH) Hospitals constitute 83% of total beds.
- Elderly people, say 65 and above, who are subject to non-communicable diseases like Alzheimer’s disease are an estimated 163,000 by 2025.
- The principal risk factor that caused death in 2017 was Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) which is same as Coronary heart disease and it accounted for 258 deaths out of 1000 deaths.
- Lower Respiratory Infections, the third largest risk factor in 2017 is the risk factor that witnessed highest rise in number of deaths (1.8 X increase) per thousand deaths over the period 2002-2017.
- Kuwait’s R&D investment in healthcare sector is quite low at 0.06% of GDP in 2020
- The total health care expenditure increased from USD 1,358 million in 2002 to USD 5,039 million in 2018 at CAGR of around 8.0%.
- Productivity enhancement by private sector participation can be seen from higher annual discharges (inpatients discharged) for private sector hospitals of 73.2 per bed (including Oil companies’ hospitals) versus only 30.5 per bed for MOH hospitals
- As per 2018 data, the beds per ten thousand population at 20.5 is 27% lower than 28.5 for US.
Why purchase the report?Timely report on an important market: COVID-19 has brought healthcare space to the spotlight, highlighting its importance, gaps and opportunities. Kuwait Healthcare report offers insights on how this key sector is placed in Kuwait and its prospects.
Wide Coverage and In-depth Analysis: The report provides insights on a range of aspects pertaining to Kuwait’s healthcare sector including infrastructure, market size, health insurance, equipment and pharma, medical professionals and patients’ admission pattern, etc.
Key Data Points: The report presents important data points such as,
- Kuwait Healthcare spending
- Major Health care indicators in both Government vs Private hospitals
- Causes of Death that are highest and growing at highest rate
- Forecast of expenditure on medical equipment
- Market size by inpatient and outpatient
- Major healthcare projects and M&As
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- Drivers Influencing Healthcare Industry Growth in Kuwait
- Hospitals and related Infrastructure in Kuwait
- Kuwaiti Government’s HealthCare Policy and Goals
- Market Size of Healthcare Sector in Kuwait
- Medical Equipment and Supplies Market in Kuwait
- Pharmaceuticals Market in Kuwait
- Healthcare education and research in Kuwait
- Healthcare in Kuwait and IT
- Role of Public Private Partnerships (PPP) in Kuwait Healthcare
- Healthcare Regulators in Kuwait
- Challenges for Kuwaiti Healthcare Sector
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
Key Questions Addressed in this report
This report can add value to
Customize this report
Why Custom Research?
- Research and intelligence to suit your business requirements
- Informed decision making
What are Benefits of Customization?
Customize this report
- To-the-point, long or short research reports could be requested
- Reports are exclusively prepared for you
You Ask We Deliver
- Over a decade Marmore has successfully navigated this space of customized research to serve its clients and cater to their unique requirements.
- Our customized research support spans sector research, equity and credit investment notes, modelling, valuation, investment screening, periodical etc.
- We offer clients with intelligence and insights on unexplored and under-researched areas that help stakeholders take well-informed business and investment decisions.
- Our offerings marries the challenges of cost, time, scope & data availability to generate actionable outcomes that are specific to our clients’ needs.
FAQWho prepared this report?
Experienced and qualified team of Marmore MENA Intelligence has prepared this report. Since its inception, Marmore has published over 1000 research reports and covered more than 25 varied industries and policy segments; all focused primarily on the GCC economies.
How exhaustive is this report?
The report spans 57 pages
Do you have updates?
No. This is a one off report.
Can I only download certain sections of the report?
No. The report can be downloaded in full length only
Can we ask questions?
Yes, by all means. You can write your queries to us at email@example.com