Executive SummaryWhat is this report about? This report is about SME sector in Kuwait that connects broader economic policies and diversification objectives. It is an integrated package analyzing problems and viable solutions related to the Kuwaiti SME sector. I.e., the report covers macroeconomic, policy, regulatory and economic diversification angles. Who will benefit and why? This report is targeted at a wide range of national, regional and international stakeholders, investors, policy makers, industry leaders, businesses, etc., who are interested in the SME sector of Kuwait. This report provides deep insights into the sector, helping in understanding the complex interplay of various push and pull factors. How exhaustive is this report? This report provides valuable insights into the ecosystem in which Kuwaiti SMEs operate, while studying the policy environment to understand whether they flow in line with some international best practices. Also, the report recommends some policy options and suggests solutions that can help redress the SME sector’s challenges and leverage its use for plans such as National Vision Plan 2035.
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
- SME's: An Overview
- SME's and Kuwait - The Current state of Play
- Profiling: The National Fund
- SME's & the Labor Market
- Problems faced by SME's in Kuwait
- Capacity Building Imperatives
- Policy Recommendations
Key Questions Addressed in this report
- What’s the current state of the Kuwaiti SME sector and Government’s policies towards it?
- What are the structural issues of the SME sector and how they are inter-linked with overall macro-economy of Kuwait?
- What are the implications of policies initiated for the sector and it’s Future?
- How the SME sector can be the catapult for diversification?
- What does future hold for broader economy in general and SMEs sector in particular?
This report can add value to
- Policy makers and analysts
- Administrative authorities
- Investors, bankers, entrepreneurs
- Investment Bankers