Executive SummaryMultiple directorships are a common phenomenon observed across the globe. “Multiple directorships" refers to the practice of a member of the company`s Board of Directors serving on the boards of multiple companies. The terms "Multiple directorships" and "Director interlocking" are interchangeably used. Albeit the practice is lawful, these overlapping linkages give rise to ethical dilemmas. This has triggered us to study the impact of multiple directorships on profitability in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our study reveals a high degree of inter-connectedness amongst the listed companies in the KSA. About 83% of listed companies in the KSA are interlinked through a shared board member. We infer from our study that multiple directorships significantly impact the net profits of financial institutions in the KSA while it has negligible impact on non-financial firms.
Table of Content
Key Questions Addressed in this report
This report can add value to
Customize this report
Why Custom Research?
- Research and intelligence to suit your business requirements
- Informed decision making
What are Benefits of Customization?
- To-the-point, long or short research reports could be requested
- Reports are exclusively prepared for you
You Ask We Deliver
- Over a decade Marmore has successfully navigated this space of customized research to serve its clients and cater to their unique requirements.
- Our customized research support spans sector research, equity and credit investment notes, modelling, valuation, investment screening, periodical etc.
- We offer clients with intelligence and insights on unexplored and under-researched areas that help stakeholders take well-informed business and investment decisions.
- Our offerings marries the challenges of cost, time, scope & data availability to generate actionable outcomes that are specific to our clients’ needs.